Renters’ insurance is a policy that you can obtain that will protect your home against natural disasters, water damage, theft, and much more. We provide renters’ insurance here at Stewart Agency Inc. in Elmira, NY. Our goal is to make sure that you are covered if an accident were to occur. We provide coverage that is customized to meet your needs.
Renters Insurance Requirements
Renters’ insurance is not required in New York. But it is still possible that your landlord may require you to purchase renters’ insurance as a part of your lease. It is also important to note that your landlord’s insurance policy may not cover damage to your own unit.
Renters Insurance Coverage
So, what does renters’ insurance cover? Renters’ insurance can help you with any of the following:
- Contents: This coverage keeps your clothing, furniture, electronics, and other personal items protected in the event of a loss.
- Loss of use: This will provide additional living expenses if your belongings and unit are damaged following a covered loss. It will cover hotel stays and food expenses for you temporarily.
- Personal liability: This will cover you if you cause injury to another person. It will also protect you if an accident occurs in your home.
- Credit card coverage: This covers unauthorized debit and credit card transactions. It also will protect you against forged checks.
- Medical payments: This will cover medical or funeral expenses for any injured guest while in your home.
You may also benefit from any of the following coverage options:
- Theft extension
- Water backup
If you are interested in receiving a quote for renters’ insurance, please give Stewart Agency Inc. a call today. We are located in Elmira, NY.