Auto insurance is vital to have because it covers you in the event of an accident. We understand that every driver is unique, so we customize your coverage to ensure you receive the best policy yet here at Stewart Agency Inc. in Elmira, NY. Without auto insurance, you could face hefty fines and other consequences. You will also be responsible for paying for any damage out of your own pocket.
Auto Insurance Requirements
Auto insurance is legally required in New York. The minimum requirements for the state are:
- Property damage coverage for each accident for $10,000
- Bodily injury coverage for $25,000 and $50,000 for a single person
- Bodily injury coverage for $50,000 and $100,000 for more than one person
Auto Insurance Coverage
You can customize your auto insurance policy by choosing any of the following protection options:
- Collision: This protects you if you get into an accident with another motorist. It covers any damage to your vehicle, no matter who causes the accident.
- Comprehensive: This protects you if your vehicle is damaged by theft, vandalism, storms, animals, and more. It will cover the expenses of repairing your vehicle.
- Liability: This protects you if you cause bodily injury or damage to another person’s property. It also keeps you protected if you were to be sued following an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured: If a driver hits you and doesn’t have insurance, this will cover damage and medical expenses for you.
- Roadside assistance: If your vehicle runs out of fuel, breaks down, or gets a flat tire, this coverage will assist you.
Get a Quote
To receive a quote for car insurance, please give Stewart Agency Inc. a call today. Our office is located in Elmira, NY. Our agents can assist you if you need more information or have further questions.