There are many harsh elements that your home can face. This is why the best investment you could make for your home is to purchase an insurance policy. Home insurance protects against damage from theft, storms, and much more. We offer home insurance here at Stewart Agency Inc. in Elmira, NY. We can help you find a policy to match your unique situation.
Home Insurance Requirements
Home insurance is not legally required in the state of New York. It is possible that your mortgage lender may require you to purchase a policy.
Home Insurance Coverage
Home insurance includes the following types of coverage:
- Personal property: This protects your personal property inside of your home, including clothing, furniture, electronics, and more. If any of these items become damaged or stolen, your policy will cover the replacement of them.
- Personal liability: If a visitor becomes injured while visiting your home, this covers you. It will also cover their medical expenses and protect them in the event of a lawsuit.
- Dwelling: This covers the outside structure of your home in the event it becomes damaged. It includes all the attached structures of your home.
- Additional living expenses: If you are temporarily unable to reside in your home following a loss, this will cover your living expenses until you can safely return to your home. Some expenses included under this policy are hotel stays and food expenses.
- Other structures: This covers structures of your home that are not permanently attached, such as a detached garage, shed, fence, and others. If they were to become damaged, this would cover you.
Flood insurance is not covered under home insurance. A separate flood insurance policy will cover you if you sustain any water damage from flooding.
Contact Stewart Agency, Inc.
For a quote for home insurance, please give Stewart Agency Inc. a call today. Our office is located in Elmira, NY.