If you live in Elmira, NY or surrounding areas, you must have auto insurance coverage on your vehicle. New York residents are required to have liability insurance for property damage and bodily injury. A Stewart Agency Inc. agent can help you find the coverage that fits your needs.
Additional coverage can be added to your policy, along with the minimal requirements from New York. Additional coverage is not required but should be considered to ease your mind if you get into an accident or if something happens to your vehicle due to theft or fire. Additional coverage policies contain:
- Personal Injury Protection pays for your injuries in the event of an accident. You can add no-fault protection, as well as Optional Basic Economic Loss, to your coverage.
- Additional Liability or Property Damage Insurance
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist protects against injury you, your family, or your passenger might suffer if a driver hits you and is uninsured.
- Supplementary Insurance increases your liability insurance to allow for more coverage.
- Collision pays for damage to your vehicle due to colliding with another automobile or an object, whether the accident is your fault or not.
- Comprehensive Insurance covers harm to your vehicle from causes other than collisions like theft, fire, weather-related, glass break, or vandalism.
- Accidental Death and/or Dismemberment Insurance
- Other services include towing and labor, rental reimbursement, and mechanical breakdown coverage.
Call our Elmira, NY Office Today
If you want to get insurance for your vehicle and want to know more about additional coverage, call a Stewart Agency, Inc. agent today. New York only requires drivers to have property damage and liability for bodily injury. They will be able to assist you in finding the right coverage that fits all your needs, whether you add additional coverage or not.
If you live in Elmira, NY and you’re going to be starting a business, then you will need to think about the type of commercial coverage you need. Trying to determine the type and how much commercial coverage to purchase can be one of the most difficult things that a new business owner must decide. Here is an overview that could help.
Do You Need Commercial Auto Insurance?
One aspect of choosing commercial insurance is determining whether you need commercial auto insurance. You will need commercial auto insurance if you have company vehicles that are used strictly for business purposes. If you opt to maintain regular auto insurance on business vehicles, then you could put yourself at risk of liability.
Do You Need to Consult an Expert?
If you are still struggling to determine how much commercial coverage to obtain, then you may need to consult with an expert. The expert will assess your business, ask you several questions about the type of business you run, and then come up with a pretty accurate amount of commercial coverage to opt for. This can save you the headache of purchasing too little or too much coverage, which is easy to do when you’re a new business owner.
Stewart Agency Inc. Is Here To Help
As you can see, commercial insurance coverage is important, but it can be very difficult to determine how much coverage to purchase. Once you have made that determination, if you need a new insurance company, then we at Stewart Agency Inc. serve the Elmira, NY area, and we’re accepting new customers. We offer several insurance coverage types, top-notch customer service, and great coverage. We pride ourselves on catering to our customers to ensure we exceed their expectations, so give us a call today so we can give you an estimate.
Smart locks are among the latest in home security trends as they offer a convenient and secure way to control your home’s access. These keyless, high-tech entry systems can be accessed remotely and offer remote monitoring of your home. If you live in and around the Elmira, NY area, the insurance professionals at Stewart Agency, Inc. offer the following helpful guidance regarding smart locks:
Types of Smart Locks
The market for smart locks is still somewhat in its infancy, so current smart lock applications are currently evolving. Most available smart locks offer user management options, integration with smart home systems, as well as the ability to maintain and download activity logs of those who accessed your home. The following are a few of the types of smart locks available in the marketplace-
- Wi-Fi Enabled– connecting through your home’s network.
- Key-based– uses a touchpad to enter a defined code.
- Bluetooth Enabled- connecting through a smartphone, etc.
- Biometric- uses biometrics like fingerprinting, etc.
Do Smart Locks Impact Home Insurance?
The implications on insurance may include:
- Certain policies may offer discounts on premiums for homeowners who have installed a security measure, like a smart lock. This is because a smart lock adds a layer of security.
- Smart locks can help should you need to defend against a liability claim. For example, if you use smart locks to allow access to contractors, it shows reasonable caution and may limit liability in case of an incident.
Contact Us Today
If you live in the greater Elmira, NY area and would like additional information regarding how smart locks may impact your home insurance, contact the Stewart Agency, Inc. We look forward to meeting your New York State insurance needs today.